Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 130 - The end is near

Kelly and I have been waiting (not so patiently) to find out when Brooklyn's g-tube surgery would finally happen. Well, for once, having health insurance nag your hospital to speed things up payed off! Thanks to the ants found in our health insurance's pants, Brooklyn's swallow/upper GI study is scheduled for tomorrow and the surgery will happen on Wednesday. We are praying that whatever is ailing our little muffin's tummy will show up during this study so that the doctors can do some fixin' on Wednesday.

We will share Brooklyn's test results tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kelly and Sean--

    It was so great to see you guys in the elevator yesterday! I had not heard how fabulous Brooklyn is doing and I am just thrilled beyond belief. I actually did stop up to the NICU today to see her--and you're right! She's an adorable little chunker :) A far cry from that teeny tiny cutesy that we delivered in January.

    Dr. Baker shared with me that Kelly is a photographer and I looked up your website. Your pictures and comments are inspiring and also have taught me so much about what it is like to have a micro preemie. I will always remember your faith, optimism, and wit as qualities that I truly think have shaped Brooklyn's course.

    Happy Almost Homecoming!

    Lynsey (the OB resident)

    P.S. Do you do engagement pics? :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynsey!!

    Thanks so much for your kind words. We are so grateful for people like you, and will NEVER forget our evening in the delivery room! It is because of people like YOU that Brooklyn is doing so incredibly well.

    And YES, I do engagement pictures!!! Contact me and we can set something up!

    Thanks again, Lynsey.

    Love,
    The Lorenz's (known as the sullivans!)

    ReplyDelete