Thursday, March 26, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRANDPA RICK!!

Today is Rick's birthday!! (it's also my friend erica's birthday - happy birthday, love)

Some of my all time favorite memories have been days spent with my father. Although he THOUGHT he wanted a boy, Rick was blessed with me - a girly girl!! And though he tried his hardest to turn me into a tom boy, sports fan by taking me to way too many Red Sox and Celtics games, and forcing me to play baseball, football and basketball ALMOST EVERY DAY, he was finally forced to give in when I became a cheerleader in high school! What is more girly than that?! Ugh.

When I was pregnant he mentioned how excited he would be if I had a boy because he could then take him to Red Sox and Celtics games! I reminded him of my childhood, and he quickly changed his tune and realized that he could do the same things with a granddaughter!

I am so excited for my little girl to grow up with such an incredible grandfather to share in the experiences I had with him. I am confident the two of them will have so much fun together, and she will have memories as good - if not better - than mine.

Happy birthday, dad. May this year bring you much joy in knowing your little Brooklyn is MORE than healthy, and excited to hang out with you!!

Here are a couple of pictures of the first time Rick got to hold Brooklyn (yes his hand is about the size of her!):


2 comments:

  1. How adorable! Holly's dad always wanted a boy too... instead he got a lesbian for a daughter... LOL

    ReplyDelete