Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kangaroo Time With Mom

I finally was able to put together a video of Brooklyn's first "kangaroo care" (skin-to-skin contact with mom) today. The song in the video is called "Yashanti" by Yael Naim. Recognize the last name? Yeah, we may or may not have borrowed Brooklyn's middle name from her. Maybe. ;)

p.s. A few viewing tips: turning the HD to "off" helps the video load faster for those with slower connections. Also, it looks better if you click on the vimeo link for the video below the actual video (it's bigger).


Kangaroo Time With Mom from Sean Lorenz on Vimeo.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Guys!
    It's Meg (Beth and Katie's friend). I have been following this every day. This video absolutely killed me - brought me to tears. I can just imagine how incredible it felt to hold her. It is the most amazing feeling on earth. Take care - hugs to your little bean!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't turn off the waterworks...that's amazing. I take for granted being able to hold my girls anytime I want. I'm praying for the day that you guys can pick your little girl up anytime you want to. I'm going to hold mine a little tighter today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...That sweet little baby girl...I'm sure momma was elated to feel her warm little body against her own. What a little miracle. Thanks for sharing. ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just speechless. That was one of the most beautiful videos I've seen. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - that video brought me to tears. Seeing you holding your little baby girl is breathtaking. It must of been such an amazing feeling holding her. The song was beautiful. Take Care, Kerry Goodman Pepin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly and Sean - what a tender and breathtaking sight: both MOM and BABY - two marvelous ladies !!! Your ability to share your gorgeous baby Brooklyn's new life experiences in these videos and on your blog are a fantastic gift to so many !!! Thank you for sharing your "beauty", courage and strength. Congratulations to the Lorenz Family!!!! Ruth Hall

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, you look great and your doing an awesome job being a mom to that little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly and Sean, I can't stop crying and smiling.. what a beautiful sight!! She is sooooo beautiful and you Kel, are already an amazing mom. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete