Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 12 - Wide-Eyed Wonder Girl



The picture speaks for itself! Brooklyn gave us a half-eyed glance yesterday, but when we showed up this morning her right eye had popped open completely. The left eye, not to be outdone, followed suit this evening. Sure, all Brooklyn can see right now is a bunch of large shadowy figures, but it's so cool to see her looking at us. Why opening her eyes makes B. pull on her ear we may never know....

In other news, Brooklyn had her lumbar puncture today. Basically, a doctor sticks a needle in her spine to extract a sample of cerebrospinal fluid. Why stick our cute little girl with a big needle? The nurses are taking every precaution to ensure Brooklyn has not contracted meningitis. Her preliminary culture results came back very low (which is great news), but we won't know the full report for 48 hours. Most of the nurses reassure us that it is very unlikely, given Brooklyn's current state, that she has anything cruddy in her system. It's all about preventative medicine, people!

6 comments:

  1. "Wide-eyed wonder girl
    Starin' into the sky, wonderin' why
    It's a good, great world
    But it turns around
    Never mind the ground

    Look up high, stars above
    Please don't cry, Father's love
    Hold on tight to His hand
    Dream tonight, understand

    Look up high, dancing bear
    Please don't cry, daddy's prayer
    Hold on tight to my hand
    Dream tonight, wonderland

    Wide-eyed wonder girl
    Starin' into the sky, wonderin' why
    It's a good, great world
    But it turns you'll see
    So hold on tight to me...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cari, I can't believe you got my obscure early 90s The Choir reference! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just PRECIOUS Sean! I continue to pray for you all! xoxo Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riley is totally jealous that Brooklyn got to watch Obama-thon today with her fancy new eyes (okay, I know, they aren't new, whatever).

    ReplyDelete
  5. (This is Katie) These are my favorite photos so far! She's even more beautiful with her eyes open! I continue to be impressed with her progress every time I check the blog. And I love that you used the word "cruddy" by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this photo. It looks as though she's saying, "Yeah, I opened my eyes, what's the big deal? Just hangin' out on a lazy afternoon."

    ReplyDelete