Saturday, March 6, 2010

da da.

a year ago we were scheduled to take a long awaited trip to st. john. well along came brooklyn FOUR months early and the trip was postponed... until now.

many of you remember a year ago, moments after her birth, brooklyn grasped sean's hand - a moment neither of us will ever forget. well, the time has come - here in st. john - for b to say her first words... "da da." yep, that's right, NOT ma ma, da da. i would have been jealous, but brooklyn's sweet little da da put us all into a world of sweetness and i was left with nothing but joy.

here are some images that will make you see why she said "da da" before anything else:


5 comments:

  1. sweet words, and a sweet post. what a little miracle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean rules. For real. Look at these pictures. Oh man. Now when we ask Riley, "What does Brooklyn say?" And she says "Da da" it's for real. I love that.

    PS Riley has TWO moms and STILL doesn't say MAMA although she says about 300 other words. Including DADA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful! I found your blog today and was touched by her story! I also have a 26 week old preemie, and I love seeing your little one thriving! It gives us other preemie moms great hope! My little one is doing great now but I worry about delays etc. Thanks for sharing her story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean, you are a natural and amazing da da. LOVE IT!! Where was the ocean pic taken? It looks like the Caribbean. I love your blogs Shannon, they always make me cry. sniff. andrea hatton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "listen how fast my little girl's heart beats when she sees me..." love you guys, xo Cari

    ReplyDelete